Book Club of the Year Award: Recognizes outstanding achievement for an innovative Book Club that support the AA/IR/Multicultural romance field.
Author Awards (Distinguished Author Award): Recognizes published romance authors who addressed a challenge, problem, or issue facing AA/IR/Multicultural couples today in their romance novels. (Six Categories for Outstanding Author in: AA, IR, Multicultural, Paranormal, Urban Lit, GLBT)
Visionary Award: Recognizes an AA/IR/Multicultural romance author who, through foresight and unlimited effort, has helped add value to the profession by encouraging development, promotion, and networking of authors in their genre.
Academy of AA/IR/Multicultural Fellows Award: Recognizes authors who have contributed to the profession through the advancement of knowledge, leadership, or excellence in professional practice. The recipient is recognized for making a tangible contribution to the marketing of their genre that significantly improved public opinion. (Four recipients per year)
Debut Author Awards: Recognize an AA/IR/Multicultural romance author who has demonstrated strong literary potential and contributions to the genre. The award is designed to both recognize and further the recipient’s professional development activities. (Six Categories for an Outstanding Debut Author in: AA, IR, Multicultural, Paranormal, Urban Lit, GLBT)
May 24, 2013 – Contest opens to submissions.
July 20, 2013 – Email Postmark deadline for all submissions by 11:59PM.
August 22, 2013 – Finalists announced on the AMB website.
December 13, 2013 – Winners Announced via youTube AMB Novels Channel
Readers, Publishers, and authors can make nominations and submissions for all of the categories. Published Kindle entry submissions must be copyrighted between 2011-2013. You can submit a Kindle version of your novel to email@example.com
The AMB staff reserves the right to limit entries to the first twenty-five books or authors received in each category.
- Entries shall consist of a Kindle e-book copy of a romance novel published with a copyright date between 2011 -2013 NOTE: Independent published, small press, and E-published only books are also accepted )
- The e-book will be judged by (3) different judges consisting of booksellers, reviewers, librarians, or readers. One e-book submission is a gift to professional guest judges and will not be returned.
- Highest average score denotes winner in each category. The winning entry from each category will advance to the final round. There will be five finalists in the final round. Entry with highest score will be declared winner.
- Mail entries and kindle e-book to the email address listed on the Entry Form.
- Each e-book entry may only be entered in one category novel. However, you may enter different entries/different categories, with a maximum of THREE entries per entrant, per category. Each entry must have a separate entry form filled out.
With respect to our professional judges, their identities will remain confidential.