Meant To Be - Life-Long Friendships
The best thing about life-long friendship is that you can be yourself around these people. In the good and bad times, they’ve been there before you could call them on their cell phones. In a world where social media can give a false sense of real life connections, we must remember life isn’t a keystroke away it’s a moment away… a moment you’ll make by extending yourself outside your box.
I know all of us get caught up in the daily routine of life, where every day seems to drift right into the next one. But friendships need to be discovered and nurtured or they’ll die.
Many people have had the experience of meeting someone new and immediately starting to hang out with them all the time. Just as many can point to a very good friend of theirs where the bond grew a lot more gradually. Neither way is better than the other.
I think friendships can get off the ground quickly when:
1. You just click with that person unusually well.
2. When you're both at a place in your lives where you're looking for new friends to spend time with (e.g., how social circles come together really quickly during the first weeks of college).
3. When you're both in close proximity to each other (e.g., you live in the same building).
4. When you fulfill an unmet need in each other's lives (e.g., you absolutely love movies, but none of your other friends care much about them. Then you meet someone who's also a huge movie buff; You're the only person in your group of friends who's still single and wants to go out on the weekends. Then you meet someone who's looking for the same thing).
Friendships can grow more slowly when:
1. One or both of you are pretty busy with your day-to-day lives and/or already have many friends who fill up your calendar. You just don't have time to hang out constantly.
2. You get along well, but there isn't that instant spark of intense compatibility. You'll become closer sooner or later, but it's not going to happen in a week.
3. You're not actively trying to grow a friendship but they're in your social circle, and you get to know them better as you hang out with all your other friends. Eventually, even if it wasn't your intention from the start, your relationship with them begins to grow into a deeper one.
Days after premiering their long-awaited and quite dramatic biopic, ‘CrazySexyCool: The TLC Story,’ T-Boz and Chilli release the video for ‘Meant to Be,’ a new song featured on their forthcoming greatest hits album, ’20.’
‘Meant to Be’ is a track that T-Boz co-wrote with Ne-Yo, who appears in the visual. The feel-good song is pretty much a testament to TLC‘s lasting bond and friendship. Plus the melody brings back a warm feeling of familiarity and comfort that is missed from the platinum-selling group’s early days.
Your comment will be posted after it is approved.
Leave a Reply.
This blog covers novel completion, fellow authors and pop culture